Wednesday, June 20, 2012

 In the past, I held firmly on to the belief that "If he wants me, he has to accept and love me for who I are." In fact, I always dished out that advice to comfort my girlfriends. However, I now start to have a different way of seeing it. So what is it so bad to improve yourself if the request is reasonable and it makes u a better person? Unfortunately, many people still opt to rationalize their lack of initiative to improve and end up being unhappy when the ones they care walk out of their lives. 
People who don't feel they are good enough always whine. Then others will come and say things like 'be yourself', 'your friends are the problem, not you', 'the right person will accept you for the real you'. Great right ? The problem is with other who don't see the real you. It's not your problem. Just continue being the imbalanced you.  We must always improve. There is always a better version of you if you are willing to strive for it. If you see a girl you like, then be the better guy that is worthy of her love. Don't give lazy excuses like she will come around and accept me for who i am. Positive thinkers think of it as improvements. Negative thinkers think of it as changing to impress others. You want to stay who you are fine, but if she or people never come around to accept you, don't be bitter and say they look down on you. Your happiness is your own responsibility, other people are just busy looking after theirs. 
- killdavid, a forum poster

No comments:

Post a Comment